These are some of the books that have resonated with me so far in 2011, all of which I will be writing about in more detail in the future, alongside a three word summary of each (to be going on with):
1. ‘Tiger Tiger’ by Margaux Fragoso – abuse, pain, observation.
2. ‘All Quiet on the Western Front’ by Erich Maria Remarque – pointless human carnage.
3. ‘Mr. Briggs’ Hat: A Sensational Account of Britain’s First Railway Murder’ by Kate Colquhoun – intrigue, confusion, blame.
4. ‘Body of Work: Meditations on Mortality from the Human Anatomy Lab’ by Christine Montross – corporeality through poetry.
5. ‘The Best of Everything’ by Rona Jaffe – sexism, publishing, femininity.
To be continued…